Columbia Gorge Beekeepers Learning Opportunities
Columbia Gorge Beekeepers Association (CGBA) is passionate about helping to educate beekeepers and others about the importance of honey bees and other pollinators. We strive and encourage others in mentoring beekeepers, engaging in partnerships with like-minded organizations, and helping to build bridges of understanding when it comes to matters related to pollinators and sustainable practices.
Within the Gorge Region, CGBA supports the Hood River Extension Service, 4-H, Master Gardeners and Oregon Master Beekeepers Programs. Members venture into the Regions public schools in an effort to share the fascination of bees.
We also endeavor to support:
- Western Apicultural Society
- Oregon Master Beekeeper Program
- Oregon State Beekeepers Association
- Oregon State University Bee Lab
- Oregon State University Pollinator Health.
Please check this site often for new beekeeping classes and events that may be of interest to you.
Columbia Gorge Beekeepers Association Meeting
Regularly Scheduled Monthly Meetings:
- When: Third Wednesday Each Month (No meetings December and January)
- Where: OSU Agricultural Extension, 2990 Experiment Station, Hood River, OR
- Pre-Meeting 5:30 to 6:15
- Demonstration beekeeping technique
- Regular Meeting: 6:15 to 8:00
- Meetings are open to anyone interested in beekeeping or learning about bees
- There is No charge to attend meetings
Events Sponsored by Other Associations
Oregon State Beekeepers Association
- See the Oregon State Beekeeper’s Association website for details on other learning opportunities in our local region.
- Watch for details about the 2019 OSBA Fall Conference, scheduled for October 25 through 27, 2019
Western Apicultural Society Conference
- Watch for details about the 2019 Western Apicultural Society, Pre-conference adventure day July 11th. Main conference July 12th – 14th, 2019, Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites in Ashland, Oregon